Wednesday, June 18, 2008

summer workout

The internet is a magical resource. Sometimes I just can't believe what it can do for you. I've been pondering using the local gyms near my house for their one week free trials to work out. Because it's so hot in South Carolina I really dislike and dread going for runs. Sometimes I do anyway but usually end up feeling really sick. It's just so hot! I think my body doesn't respond well to heat, anyway. So my gym scheme was born. But that wastes so much gas. So I finally remembered a few workouts I used to do last summer that are on YOUTUBE. I really like the ones that Sparkpeople puts out. They are really simple and the girl in the video shows you everything throughout the workout. The best part is that you don't need all the crazy equipment that many videos and gyms imply that you have to have... and it's free.

Job search 2008 continues. It's hard to believe a year ago I was in Mexico talking to people who had worked in clothing factories and people who had relatives who had come to the US to work to send money back to Mexico. Being in South Carolina for any period of time seems to always mean that I have to witness campaign ads on TV promoting some of the ridiculous politicians running for office for this "great" state. Thank goodness the election is over for now. I guess I should just be glad that I even get to vote. Ugh.

No comments: