Monday, June 30, 2008

I just want a meaningful job.

I'm feeling really down today. I got two rejection emails today from really cool jobs. There have been no new jobs (I liked) to apply to in 5 days. These things are just an equation for self-doubt and frustration. The interview I had on Friday went well and they are going to call back sometime this week for another. I've got another interview for a different job on Wednesday of this week to look forward to, so at least the week isn't blank. ...But ugh, now is when I really wonder why I didn't forgo the fun in college and go to a free in-state school and major in computer science or programming or something. Man, feeling like crap really makes you loose faith.

On Saturday the boyfriend and I went to the flea market (didn't find anything) and to Pets Incorporated, a no-kill animal shelter in West Columbia. That is the shelter I used to volunteer with when I was in high school and it's the shelter where the boyfriend got his dogs. They re-did their whole setup and it's really nice now. When I use GoodSearch I always use Pets Inc as the organization to give to.

So Saturday night my friend WB had an Arrested Development themed birthday party. It's the first "real" party I've been to since I came home- maybe even the first "real" party I've ever been to in this city. I tried to dress up as Rita, Michael's girlfriend that has the brain of a 4 year old. I had a great time hanging out with old friends. They even had chocolate banana shots (which I didn't really like) but it was a great idea (if you've ever seen the show).

No comments: