Sunday, June 22, 2008

oh Rachel Ray, you're a national treasure!

Last night I was brushing my teeth in my bathroom and as I was brushing a baby roach flew out of the ceiling and landed on my hand. The same hand that was holding my toothbrush in my mouth. If that won't make you paranoid as shit I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL.

On the subject of oral hygiene, I was excited to find 6 tubes of Tom's of Maine toothpaste new-in-the-box at my local flea market today. I know that they are real and not scary fake/poisoned things because they were at one of the booths of 20 boxes of pharmacy items. In the past year a type of flea market vendor has emerged where all they sell are boxes and boxes of brand new pharmacy items. It seems like they buy it in bulk and that the items are overstock/damaged/changing packaging/out of season. It's really crazy stuff- toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, razors, condoms, vitamins, notebooks, camera film (usually expired), makeup, shampoo... EVERYTHING. And it's all $1 each or 2 for $1. Usually you don't find really nice things like Tom's of Maine but today I was pleasantly surprised, especially since I'm about to finish my tube that I had. I also found some kind of tea tree oil spray toner organic blah blah. I do realize, though, that some things are better bought "for-real" new in the store.

Two friends from my good old alma mater came to visit last night on their way to the beach. It was the first time I found myself talking about college- to former classmates- in a reminiscent kind of way. The same way I talk about high school. It made me feel really lame. We had a good time, though, and it was great to see college people. I really want to go up to Asheville to see Daniel Johnston on Tuesday and also visit the homies up there. I may take it upon myself to convince the boyfriend to go... but I don't know yet.

My old-skool buddy C is in town and had a graduation party at her house today. It was precious and fun. I guess you know you're really growing up when you start enjoying adults significantly more than you used to.

I also want to make it known that I would post pictures of the crap I talk about on this blog but I can't right now because I'm using my mom's computer. We got this computer in ... 1999? Earlier? It has Windows 98. I think it would seriously die if I tried to do pictures on it. So until I can hook up my computer to the internet there will be no pictures.

No comments: