Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sarah Palin: Way Better as a Drag Queen

I just got back from the drag queen race in Dupont Circle (and after party shenanigans). The drag queens were SO AWESOME. There were at least 10 different Sarah Palin's, one Princess Diana (and her security guards), the Washington Monument (?!), Rainbow Brite, and on and on and on. Oh yeah, I can't forget the Victoria's Secret Angels. It was so fun. The race was actually at 9PM but the drag queens just parade and walk around starting at 7 or 8, so T and I met up and tried to find a place where we could see. There were a billion people there. Here are some highlights I took pictures of. This is just something you have to see to understand.

At one point this guy Patrick Mara walked by with an entourage of supporters with big campaign signs. We couldn't see any of the Drag Queens because of the signs and none of them were dressed up and everyone around me was grumbling, so without thinking I shouted, "HEY, WHERE'S YOUR DRESS?!" And the guy, Patrick Mara, turned to me himself and said "It's in my pants.. I'm not wearing underwear" or something crazy like that. haha. Apparently he's running for DC Council and supports equal marriage, so power to him, just don't disrupt my Drag Queen watching.

More pictures later? I've been distracted from this blog post for like 2 days now so. Shit. I am so busy. OK MORE LATER HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y FELIZ DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Y VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, please I want to come visit you right now! Your life in D.C. sound really awesome. Chapel Hill is starting to look up, but I still wish we were closer to each other. Keep up the good work at being an adult!