Monday, October 6, 2008

Customer Service Week (makes me sick)

Everyone seemed to blog about the Palin / Biden debate- all I have to say is
1. Who the hell is "Joe Sixpack?"
2. Why isn't anyone talking about women's issues? I'm a woman damnit, and I want to talk about it.
3. Seriously, Palin?

I gotta plug the Good Stuff Eatery. I went there with my roommate E and her brother and her brother's roommate and it is AWESOME. The guy who created it was a contestant on top chef! It's cheap, fast, and one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. If you're ever in DC, I highly recommend it. Don't skip on the fries, either.

Also, my friend R introduced me to Secondi, a great consignment store for women in Dupont Circle. Great prices and really nice stuff. Worth it to visit every now and then to see their ever-changing inventory.

This past weekend I spent mostly just chilling out. On Sunday E and I went to Ikea and I got some stuff for my room. I got a really great desk, a bookshelf, and a lamp. Ikea is cheap and awesome but now I understand why. Putting together Ikea stuff is nothing to laugh at. I didn't really have any problems except for with the bookshelf. I can't wait to go back.

So, I caught a cold. I think this means that I'm becoming comfortable in this new life and the stress is ebbing because my body usually holds off all sickness until the really important stuff is over. For example, fighting off a cold through exams only to get sick over Christmas break.

I went to work this morning anyway, even though I felt like trash. Turns out that in my 2 weeks of work I have earned exactly 2 hours of sick leave. 2 hours isn't 8 hours, so I worked. It sucked. I'm not exactly clear on how this kind of policy is beneficial for anyone because I couldn't do anything productive and I'm pretty sure everyone else in the office will get sick now, creating even more reduced productivity. (slam head on desk now) AND this week is customer service week (bet you didn't know THAT!) So we are "celebrating" by starting work at 7AM tomorrow for some kind of customer service training. We are also supposed to wear themed shirts each day this week. Today was "wear your favorite color" shirt day, tomorrow is sports team shirt day, and Friday is the best. Friday is "happy hour" from 2:15-4 except no alcohol is allowed at work so happy hour is chicken wings, dips(?) and soda. AND you're supposed to wear a "party" shirt. I work in The Office.

Also, since I have cable again for the first time in 4 years+ I have to say that TLC is my favorite channel, besides Bravo of course.

I also need to post that I did end up buying the bed I saw in a craigslist posting and when I went to pick it up the couple gave me basically everything else in their apartment because they were moving. I got a sweet ass deal on a bed, a box spring, a frame, a set of dishes, silverware, a mirror, pots, pans, baking pans, a laundry basket, drawers for underwear/socks and basically everything. Craigslist is my new lifeblood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! i'm so glad you're finding good shoppy things. i told my friend layne about you and she said she'd love to hang out. i'm so glad you're blogging. it's so nice to get little snippits of you here and there.

lovelovelove,
ray-tchul