Thursday, December 17, 2009

desire

Today I went to an animal shelter and found two of the most wonderful dogs. They were both poodle terrier mix type dogs just like my old dog Sam was. (This is a picture of Samantha)

I would have taken them home on the spot if it weren't for several important factors:

1. I can't have 2 dogs (they can't be separated)
2. I haven't moved yet
3. both of the dogs are 8 years old. I probably won't have enough expendable income for a geriatric dog for another few years
4. their names were terrible


wait, why can't I have those dogs?

I can't wait to get a dog. We will save each other. I have been wanting one since I was in college.

Dear Santa,
Elizabeth here. You read my blog, I'm sure. I've been kind of crazy this year. I have done some things I've regretted but never for the wrong reasons. I think I've done the best I could have this year. If I'm on the nice list, here is what I want:

a dog
some dog toys
a good dose of hope
some sanity
a big snow that shuts down everything for a couple days
lots of things that are unreasonable and can't be put on the blog (but you know what they are, because you read minds like Jesus and you're everywhere like a panopticon)

make it happen, Santa. I know how to make vegan cookies.

No comments: