Friday, November 27, 2009

Poopsgiving

Sometimes the comfort of being at home is the same thing that makes it so intolerable. This entire town, the paths I take to people's houses, the smells in my mother's house, street signs, everything is dripping with memories and associations that I just would rather wipe out than be reminded of.

I guess I'm in an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind kind of mood but honestly- I've felt this way about this town for years. This trip is just magnified because of recent developments and the fact that after you graduate from college you grow up like 20X.

Debbie downer, huh?

Here are things I am thankful for:

Conan on at 12:00!! TV is magic.
haircuts
Peewee Herman on a Roomba! (Conan)
my mom's new appreciation for alcohol
my mom being happy
living in the mountains
really good friends (even though they are everywhere I'm not, with a couple exceptions)
being loved even though I am awful
not being allergic to any foods
not being sick
the potential for getting a dog
health, life, food, shelter, privledge, opportunity, the future

No comments: