Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My friends and Beyonce


So this past weekend my friends C (different C) and G came to visit me! They came in on Friday and we had some fab. adventures around DC town. Friday night G and I ate dinner at the White Tiger, an Indian restaurant near my place. The food was great but the service was weird. Saturday we slept in and then ate breakfast at the cute little bagel place around the corner (AWESOME), and then went to a yard sale. No luck there so then we went to Eastern Market. Eastern Market is basically the best place to be in DC on a Saturday morning, if you've already paid a visit to the bagel place. There are produce stands and one of them has a lot of local apples for sale- they have samples of all the apples so we stood around there and ate a ton of apples. Those pictures are a couple I took on one of our walks. Cute little pigeon knows where it's at!

After another yard sale we got a call from P, another friend, who apparently had a layover in a DC airport, we assumed it was in Dulles (which is far far from DC) but he was actually in Regan! So he came and we had more fun times. We visited the Oceans, Rivers, and Skies exhibit at the National Gallery and prowled around some in there.

P had to continue his flight before long so C and G and I headed back to the apartment. We had dinner at Good Stuff and it was AWESOME like usual. Then we had a cookies and beer party and a bunch of people showed up (?!) but we were too tired to really enjoy it.

Sunday we ate lunch at an awesome Thai place in Chinatown that I am most definitely returning to. C and G left shortly after that but it was so good to see them.

Today I had the day off because of Veteran's Day!! I didn't do much. I do want to post this music video. Now, I haven't watched music videos in at least 5 years, but this one was sent to me and I LOVE IT. I've always liked Beyonce- the first time I heard this song I thought it was annoying- but it grew on me. The video though, damn. She is one hot lady and she's not the standard tiny girl- such an inspiration to me and I know lots of other young women. Hot!!! I also am posting the Tun Tunak Tun video because I think Beyonce is using some of their moves. If you haven't seen the Tun Tunak Tun video, you gotta. It's amazing!! Watch Tunak first, then Beyonce, to see the full effect of how similar some of the moves are.



1 comment:

Carmen said...

Yay weekend in DC!
Yay next weekend in SC!

I seriously need a blogroll so that I know when everybody updates. Also, I don't know why it's not online yet but do see SNL-JT and Andy Samberg doing Single Ladies with Beyonce, it's great.