Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Triumphant Return of Internet Whore

This morning I woke up with the song “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros in my head:

Home, Let me come home
Home is whenever I’m with you
Home, yes I am home
Home is wherever I’m with you
Returning from Paris after visiting my best friend there has really made me feel like home is just about who you’re with.  I thought I would be devastated to return to Asheville after the fantasy Paris vacation, and it is kind of hard to see how expensive goat cheese is here, but my friends and the sunny mountains are providing a wonderful homecoming.  The buffer of seeing a lot of lovies in DC due to a welcomed layover also helped- and reminded me that I am anything but alone.
I turned this blog off (you didn’t miss any posts, I just put it on lockdown) because I couldn’t keep my overwhelming winter sadness off of the internet.  I am healed now and motivated to make this space more interesting and less personal (the way it started out in the beginning).  This will continue to be a personal blog, though.

No comments: