Wednesday, January 7, 2009

disgusting day

Today was all kinds of suck. It's been cold and pouring rain all day. This morning I had a stupid orientation meeting. This afternoon after I worked out at the gym during my lunch hour I found out I won't have the alternative work schedule that everyone else is getting because of really stupid bureaucratic crap. It all has to do with pay scales, job classifications, federal laws, and ridiculousness. I swear to god, for all the benefits you get for working for the government you have to put up with a LOT of STRICT bullshit. The most strict, unflexable, uncaring bunch of shit ever. So now I may be working a regular 8 hour a day 40 hour week and then work 4 days for 10 hours and have that Friday off. I guess something is better than nothing, but the other schedule would have been way better (8 days of 9 hours, 1 day of 8 hours, one day off every two weeks).

SO THEN after all that stupid drama at work and all the rain and misery outside, I finally settle into my evening commute. I'm reading Christmas on Ice by David Sedaris, which is hysterical, and I was so glad to go home. I had just gotten on the train and read about a page when I heard a weird sound and looked up only to see a guy across from me PUKING A SHITTON OF APPLE JUICE AND WEIRD WHITE THINGS ALL OVER THE TRAIN CAR. Seriously, I was about three inches from getting splatter on my shoes. Now I feel sick from having seen that / smelled that / sat on the train with that for another two stops. What the fuck? Seriously? That is the sickest thing ever!!! I have the worst metro luck sometimes!! When that happened everyone on the car was SILENT. Ususally there are some conversations going on in the evening. When I got off I went to the train driver and said "Um.. someone just threw up on that car." and the guy kind of smiled and shook his head and said "thanks for letting me know." I think when that happens they have to clean it up immediately and the trains all get backed up (bad news at rush hour).

Oh man. What a stupid ass day. Thank god my favorite MTV True Life is on (True Life: I'm a Cheerleader). I can't believe they still play this stuff, these episodes are from when I was in high school.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

That sucks about the train! Yuck.
If youre watching MTV I hope you caught REAL WORLD BROOKLYN